Laser North American Champioships--need housing info

The Beam Dog

Hi

I'm looking at coming over to San Fran for the North Americans and was just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of accomodation that is near there... and if theres some info for the Pacifics as well that would be great. (sailing conditions, accomodation there and also charterboats for it, i have a boat for the North Americans.)

Many thanks
Ash

There is a link to housing info near the St Francis on the calendar page for the event at www.laser.org as well as google map at the bottom so you can get a feeling for distances.

You can get more info about the PCC's by emailing Garth Hobson (the event organizer). Monterey is a two hour drive south of the St Francis so the charterers for the NA's will be the same people as the PCC's.

Slight hijack:
Last time I did it was 2001 but I imagine the following still is true...

Plan taking days on that drive and hug the coastline rather than hurrying. There are simply wonderful places to stop and just loook and look and look at the views. There are many public beaches.
I found a couple farms along the road with fresh stuff that was totally worth the money. ( actually the locally grown food was pretty inexpensive

If you have a board...there are lots of places where surfers go. I don't know how great the surfing is as I don't but there sure were lots of people walking across the road toward the beaches carrying boards.

The roadside parking lots are right by the road. I saw some telltale signs of breakins (Busted blue glass in piles) My guess is it is a good idea to choose a slightly more crowded parking are and hide all your valubles in the trunk

Back