Laser lift?

pez

I did a couple searches, but didnt find anything, so sorry if this topic is already covered somewhere.

I am looking for a boat lift so I can store my boat in the water. I'm often up to the lakes by myself, and a dolly is fine, but the ramp is halfway across the lake from my place. I want to be up and sailing in 10 mins, so I thought having some sort of lift/dry dock/whatever would be a good way to get the boat in and out of the water fast.

Anyone have thoughts on such?

I faced a similar situation and here is the solution I implemented: I have access to a floating slip and what I did was to build a ramp that is attached to the slip with a hinge in one end and is supported with a float in the other end. The arrangement is dimensioned in such a way so when I stand on the end supported by the float, that end of the ramp is close to the water surface. This makes it easy to pull the boat onto the ramp. The ramp is equipped with uprights, one near the hinge and two towards the other end so the boat can be supported on three points. If this arrangement is of interest let me know and I will provide more detail

I did a couple searches, but didnt find anything, so sorry if this topic is already covered somewhere.

I am looking for a boat lift so I can store my boat in the water. I'm often up to the lakes by myself, and a dolly is fine, but the ramp is halfway across the lake from my place. I want to be up and sailing in 10 mins, so I thought having some sort of lift/dry dock/whatever would be a good way to get the boat in and out of the water fast.

Anyone have thoughts on such?

I saw someone who had a personal watercraft lift that they used for a laser, however this stores the boat on the hull which is a no-no. With a good dolly I can drop my laser in just about anywhere as ling as the bank isn't too steep. The time is all in mast and rigging anyway since you can't store the boat with the mast up.

I faced a similar situation and here is the solution I implemented: I have access to a floating slip and what I did was to build a ramp that is attached to the slip with a hinge in one end and is supported with a float in the other end. The arrangement is dimensioned in such a way so when I stand on the end supported by the float, that end of the ramp is close to the water surface. This makes it easy to pull the boat onto the ramp. The ramp is equipped with uprights, one near the hinge and two towards the other end so the boat can be supported on three points. If this arrangement is of interest let me know and I will provide more detail

Very interesting... I wouldn't mind seeing a pic if you have one. I hadnt thought about making a floating one. Seems Like I could do this pretty easily.

Here is the picture of the ramp. LaserRamp 001.jpg

Back