Laser in the oven

wessel

I was in Bristol RI not too long ago and had the chance to tour the laser factory there. I took a few pictures of a Laser in the mould and thought that I would post them for those that are interested.

I wish that I would have spent more time and got some better shots -- but I shall return.

I'll try it again ...

The bright red is the actual deck mold before they start the lay-up. It's red so they can look for scratches before they begin the lay-up. The hull pics are a finished lay-up that is still wet.

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 147
Whow, really great Photos. You know, this is really helpfull for a sailing Laserite, only to understand how the hull is build, in our days. Thanks that LaserPerformance did allow you to take photos and to you that you do share this photos with us.

Ciao
LooserLu

The people at the factory are very nice, no question about it.

If you have a chance to do the factory tour, it's like going to the promised land :D

I would have done a whole pictorial of the Laser building process, but I was stunned that I was allowed to tour the factory and didn't think of it until too late. I took these pictures for me so's I could fix an old Laser that I have.

If you think about it there is nothing *top secret* about the process -- they have been making Lasers the same way for nearly a half a century.

They also made the Sunfish there along with the 420 they had a Laser SB3 there but I don't know if they made it there.

Back