Laser 2 Racing/ Cleveland Ohio

dannyv1986

If we get the boats out, we will be having a laser 2 start at Cleveland Race Week, 6/16 and 6/17 . I'm starting sending out information now because I want no excuses in why we can't get boats out on the line. 6 boats will get us a start, and I have one. 5 more, and we have a free crew member wanting to sail, so if you need crew, let me know. I can also get in touch with some of the junior sailors at the yacht club too.

Private message me with your email address, and I'll be sending out things such as the NOR and general information.

Also, If your located around the area or jsut unsure about getting a boat, I bought a boat off the list last year and it has been nothing except a joy to sail. Its a fast boat, but very manageable. It handles almost identically to a Laser, except you'll really be smiling going downwind with the spinnaker up.

Sail on

danny

To tell you the truth, I've never seen a laser 2. They are just not popular where i'm from. Is it fast? I've heard nothing but good reports from it.

Yes, they are nice boats, and they will plane in about 10 knots of wind. However, they don't boost a lot more SA then a Laser, and the waterline length is very similar, so speed wise, we're close to a Laser.

I'm inviting Lasers in the area of Cleveland to come out to race week too, and race amongst Laser 2's, as a Open Laser Event. All the boats have to be in their respected OD trim. It's the best I can offer right now, but after this year, we might get more Lake Erie sailing opportunities.

Back