large dolly wheels

hbrett29

Does anyone have experience with larger dolly wheels? I have ten inch wheels on a homemade dolly now, but using the Ramps I have to get my dolly up a large step to storage is very difficult with the 10" wheels I'm looking for 12"+. basically as big as will fit. It should be much easier using the ramp with larger wheels because the wheels won't get stuck between the ramp supports.

I have used the seitech fat wheels. The sidewall says 18 x 9.5. They could handle rough terrain but I no longer use them as I changed them out for the smaller size. See the for sale ads for a picture. The link still works.

Hey Hbrett,
is it not feasible to mess with the step itself and do away with the issue once and for all for yourself and probably others ?
A slump of concrete surreptitiously dropped here n there ?
Two timber triangles bolted on to the step ?
A hammer n cold chisel to make the step friendlier ?

Hey Hbrett,
is it not feasible to mess with the step itself and do away with the issue once and for all for yourself and probably others ?
A slump of concrete surreptitiously dropped here n there ?
Two timber triangles bolted on to the step ?
A hammer n cold chisel to make the step friendlier ?

Haha! I was thinking about that also, while it would be very helpful I do not believe it would be appreciated. I am thinking of possibly looking into modifing the ramp lightly so the gaps between the slots are smaller therefore avoiding the issue.

Back