kitty hawk rear lights

stick

has anybody broken a red rear light cover on their kitty hawk before? if so, what is best way to replace. i have calls into the mfg, and APS, etc do not carry. can you replace the whole light and red cover with replacement light from a farm hardware supply etc? just looking to see if somebody else has ever done this. thanks.

yeah, you can just get a replacement left or right tail light and wire it in, very easy to do, you should be able to pick the light up at a car part store, tsc(i know they have a big selection), or maybe a walmart type place

It looks like the Kitty Hawk uses a standard, off the shelf light - You can id that by seeing how it's mounted - the standard mount for trailer lights are two bolts thru the back of the light that mount to the trailer - they are 2" apart on center.

If that's what they are, most any square light should mount up.

I just happen to have a couple of square lights that I replaced - if you want to see if one of my lenses will fit, give me the outside dimensions and the screw hole dimensions.

yeah, its your basic almost square tail light, except mine that came w. it is all packaged so the light comes ot of the bottom, so the whole cassing would crack, unlike the usual ones that screw in from the red light cover, but a regular light would match just fine.

thanks all. i went to the local Fleet Farm and their trailer section. everything was there, i got a submersible encased light for the right side and a new bulb set for the left. all wired and good to go. scary part was that the bulbs had been out for quite a time and i had not noticed. i can't believe i've been driving that long w/o proper lights. just glad i didn't get pulled over. everybody should give a quick check to your running, brake, and stop lights next time you trailer !

Back