Issues with ordering from Sail Racing

joe c

banned
Just over a week ago ordered my new hat from them. Go alinghi!!! Webpage said was in stock. Msg them to find out if they ship to the US they said yes. Put in order pay get email saying they will update when shipped. Nothing. Msg them today a week later and they said they're waiting on replenishment and the web page shows out of stock. (Uh, no it did not and when it is.out of stock it won't let you order, been trying for a month or two) anyway they replied today it was supposed to ship today but the website still says sold out.

I dont know if this is a euro thing or what. Thier site is weird. Even the USA sight is odd and cumbersome. But it seems.to be the only place to get some of this stuff. The redbull alinghi page links directly to it. And so do the sail gp teams. My Luna Rossa cap came from Spain from.what I remember and I got it through the Luna Rossa page last time. Don't remember any issues then.

Anyway, just a heads up. And go alinghi!!!

And literally as I was posting I get a notification it is packed for delivery to ship. Via ups. Not DHL like the site said. no tracking info. no estimated delivery date. haha. i wonder how much shipping was. :) its shipping from sweden. yay!!

Seems to us that the pandemic killed the logistics chain and customer service for many organizations. Lowes is now famous for this in our neck of the woods.

DHL has been good to us shipping from Japan.
yeah, my luna rossa came dhs. kicked ass. the sail racing site says 2-3 days. i try to stick with ups because my driver knows where i am and im not easy to find. so anyone else leaves stuff at the reception desk and occasionally it vanishes off from there since we have similar trades. usually one of the shop guys over there reads the shipping address and realizes its not thiers though and gets stuff to me.

Good thing there isn't a UPS strike coming soon... Oh wait... Actually, that doesn't happen until 7/31/2023 so you're probably okay.

Seems to us that the pandemic killed the logistics chain and customer service for many organizations. Lowes is now famous for this in our neck of the woods.

to be killed one must first be alive. UPS/FEDEX customer service was trash when I was in the shipping/receiving world in 08. It just got worse.

ups says i will have delivery monday. a week and a half after ordering. not bad. but thought it might be quicker. oh, and go alinghi!!!!

Back