Is this a sacrilage?

Trueke

I just finished my sunfish project and realized my sail is...how should I put this...too pretty for th rest of the hull. Beautiful looking but it just doesn't flow with the rest of the hull. When I acquired boat it came with a new (less than five use I consider new) North Sail Newport sail. My question I think will be, am I loosing something if I decided to sell this OEM sail to cover the cost of a new sail from an after market such as Intesity or Neil Pryde?
I have read many comparisons between these last two, but not compred to the North Sail's.
Has anyone have ordered from the Sail Store? Comments?

Note: I am a recreational sailor with no intentions in racing...just to have fun and have it last.

Is this a sacrilage?
This is sacrilege,

4617368681_82feb269d7_o.jpg

. . . you’re only proposing a little heresy. ;)

Looks like you made the decision for a new sail when you opted to go with the black on hull instead of one of the main colours in your OME North Sail. Repent or should I say Repaint hull with paint to match the middle panel (blue) of current OEM sail or maybe you might find a old stock white Neil Pryde sail with the Black sunfish logo or go all the way and get what you really want that OEM racing sail with the black Sunfish. This is clearly a case of "new dress = new shoes" :)
It is said that the difference between power boating and sailing is that with power boating you are always going somewhere but with sailing you are already there.
If we are there, we have arrived, and who doesn't want to arrive looking our best.
My suggestion for the name of your unique color scheme boat and type of sail is,
" WHITE SAIL BLACK FISH" with this sail and name the masses will not dare to utter the word Sacrilege :D
Respectfully submitted to the selection committee.;)
><>Don<><

Back