Ironing my centerboard

paolograssi

Hi guys,

I have just finished to iron my hot-bent centerboard (do you remember few days ago "Hot-bent centerboard"?)
I followed Gouvernail's instruction and it worked perfectly!!! I took my girlfriend's "Philips Elance 418 plus" (of course she is not at home, she would have never let do that :mad: ), put the temperature on "silk", cover the board with a thin towel and start ironing the deformed part. I realised soon that the set temperature was too low so I went up to "wool" and went on ironing. After a few minutes the blade started very slowly to change shape as it reached a higher temperature. However, even if the thing was working I thought the process was to slow so I raised the temperature to "cotton" and that was right: the blade very slowly (it took almost an hour to have a close-to perfect result) went back in shape!!! I think "cotton" is the right temperature (I don't know how many degrees) that is when the centerboard is almost untouchable with your hands. "silk" is definitely too low and on "wool" it will take too long. My blade is now straight like a katana.
Thank you again Gouvernail!! As we say in Italy, you know one thing more than the devil does!!

Paolo

just curious.... I was imagining you ironing on the board and it made me chuckle.

P.S. - glad it worked out so well :)

Back