Intensity vs Seitech Laser Dolly

Muxster

I'm shopping for a dolly for my laser. Anyone have an opinion regarding Intensity vs Seitech laser dolly? Is there an overwhelming reason why the Seitech is worth roughly 60% more money? Most of the time I will be single-handed and will need to pull it on and off the dolly by my self. Is one easier that the other? Thanks for your opinions.

main diff is the wheel width. If you are in sand, the wider wheel on the seitech will mean you can move it.

loading/unloading should be the same.

I'd also find out if the boat can be held under the rails on the intensity. It doesn't look like it.. That's the preferred way for long term storage, no worries about moisture getting trapped against the hull from the webbing..

The Intensity dolly does have the rail holders that flip up into place and down when launching. The pictures have not been updated since the newer version has been made. However, I ordered my dolly from Intensity last week and they are on on backorder (expected to ship in 2-3 weeks). So if you need a dolly now, you may want to search elsewhere. But I have used others' Intensity dolly and they are great, little hard in the deep dry sand, but most of our beach is packed down and easy to move around in.

hope this helps a little with the decision.

FWIW, the rail stands on the Seitech fold down for launch/retrieval also. Just not in quite the same way.

My son and I launched our boats last weekend (with the Seitech dolly) on a beach we hadn't been to before. The sand was very soft/dry/deep. We were pushing hard to get the boats down the slope to the water... ~100 yards/meters... farther than we wanted to carry them. I was worried about pulling them back up, but with both of us pulling, it wasn't too bad. I don't think smaller wheels would have worked.

The Intensity dolly looks really nice on their website. I have not used it, but it looks to be very well made. For moving around the yacht club, or parking lot it's probably a very good choice and the price is hard to beat.

If you're planning to travel though, or routinely launch in deep sand, you'll definitely want to find bigger tires for it, or look for a different dolly. Frankly, if I didn't launch on a beach, my Kitty Hawk trailer would be all we'd need, in fact, the only reason we have the dolly is for the sand.

I have found that the bigger tires seem to blow out quicker. Anyone else seen this problem. We have 3-4 at our yacht club, and it seems like there is always a flat on the larger tires.

My friend lives on a beach and keeps a couple of boats on the back porch ready to launch. The tires on his dolly are (deliberately) always flat. He says they have a better footprint through the sand that way. I suppose if sand is *all* they do, that's fine.

One think I have noticed with yard dolly wheels in general is that often they will be lightly inflated, which generally isn't a problem, unless they are tubeless --in which case the bead of tire can fall off of the wheel and be a real pain to re-seat. I've never had this problem with any boat dolly.

I still would vote for bigger tires. Does anyone know a source for bigger (seitech dolly size) wheels/tires to retro-fit a less expensive dolly, such as Intensity's product?

Back