Installing new hull numbers

Kris Styes

Hello All:

Ok, yet another basic question I need advice on!

I need to place new numbers on our hull to reflect KS registration.

What is the best way to do this without making a ‘mess’ of this?

Appreciate any ideas.

Kris (Kansas)

Kansas probably has instruction on how to place the numbers. For registration numbers in Ohio they give exact placement dimensions, like how far apart the numbers should be and how far back from the bow and also the height of the numbers. Each state is different, so it's best to look up the requirements there. Oh, and get a ruler. :)

Indiana has very enigmatic rules and regulations.... the Laser itself istn required to be registered as it is under the length limit for same. I'm confused as to is it needs to be titled as the rule sates that any watercraft that cost less than $3000 brand new does not need a title...

While I am certain that a laser didnt cost $3000 in 1973, I would have to pay more than that to buy a new boat to replace the 1973.... but it needs to be registered in order to be insured, however most homeowner's policies cover un-powered watercraft under a certain length.

Easy way is to go to West Marine and pick up the square numbers, draw a line with a pencil and ruler, and stick 'em on one by one on the line.

Slick way is to order pre-cut vinyl letters from a printer such as www.lettersunlimited.com and put it on according to their directions. That's what I've done for my last couple of boats.

From the posts, I called a sign printer (franchise) and asked if they would mount my hull registration numbers on a clear adhesive strip for me to place on the hull.

Total cost $ 15.00. Seems too simple?

Has anyone done this? Faults? Please let me know.

Kris

Merrily, pez, and bjmoose:

Thanks for your posts!

Back