inspection port placement

SpecialK

I'm in the process of drying out a boat that is a good bit over weight. I put an inspection port behind the splash rail and am planning on putting one towards the bow. My question is, would it be a problem if i were to install another in the cockpit but cut in to the wall closer to the transom?

I have a Viking with a six inch inspection port cut into the forward wall of the cockpit. If you put one there you just need to cut it off to either side so you don't accidentally hit the daggerboard slot. Other than that I think that it is a great spot to put a port. And they even make a replacement cover for a six inch port that has a cupholder built in. I forgetthe site but I know it has a video on YouTube.

I'm in the process of drying out a boat that is a good bit over weight. I put an inspection port behind the splash rail and am planning on putting one towards the bow. My question is, would it be a problem if i were to install another in the cockpit but cut in to the wall closer to the transom?

I cut a 4" hole there recently. No problems. This was on an older Sunfish without the storage area. I don't like deck inspection ports. They ruin the look of these boats.

Back