I'm New

snowbrushy

I'm new here and I just wanted to say 'Hi' ..

Last week I bought a Phantom, and this place seem's to be the place to hang-out for this type of boat. At least I hope you won't mind if I lurk around and occasionally ask a question.

I bought this boat because I'm such a crummy sailor and I want to fine tune my skill's in a small boat.

;)

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 39
Welcome, Snow.

In fact the Phantom is a Lateen Rig, with a heavier hull thatn the Sunfish. The way it has to be sailed is the same as the Sunfish. Only bad thing I can tell is that unfortunately for you there is no Phantom acitve class racing. Anyway the tips and information you will obtain from this forum is 100% aplicable to the Phantom.

F7

ThankYou Fuerza 7 ..

I've never sailed a rig like this. In fact I've never sailed a small boat. I'm 53 Y/O, and I did a dumb thing as a kid - I jumped right into a big keel boat and I taught myself how to sail it, sort of ..

I currently have a 30ft. sloop here in Seattle, but I need to go back and practice, practice, practice in a smaller boat to unlearn all my bad habit's, and keep at it forever. Something that I should have done a long time ago.

I'm glad that you people are here for me!

Thank's again, Snow

Glad that you are doing so.

You are right you got to start sailing on dinghies and then jump to bigger things. But better later than never.

The most important thing you will need to learn first on these boats is to manga your weight. Whatever you do don't sit back. The boats is going to park. Plat mid - fore cockpit. On the light stuff, flat seas well moved to the front on all courses.

We'll be glad to help you.

F7

Back