Ideas for trailer modifacations?

thebeingwithin

So, I have recently purchased my boat and all is good. While towing it home I realized that I can't see it when it's behind my truck. And really, it's too light to feel. I stopped half way home to make sure it was still back there. That problem is solved easily enough by adding poles sticking up from the trailer.

However, it occurred to me tonight that since I will be sailing this alone, I’ll have no idea when I have backed far enough down the boat ramp when I’m launching the boat. Since I can’t see the darn thing it’s gonna be hard to tell when I’ve gone far enough with out jumping in and out of my truck. I was thinking that I could attach some fold out pieces of PVC pipe at the desired water line. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Actually with my Trailex trailer after many attempts (and I can back a 40 foot trailer to a dock with 6 inches clearance on each side of other truck) I just unhooked, ran it down to the water loaded the boat and then backed the truck down if the slope was too steep for me to haul it back up by hand....LOL
The shorter the distance between the rear TV axle and the trailer axle the more difficult it is to back up.

Back