I Need Quick Help !!!

i need quick help with my self bailer it will open when i open the bung but when i close the bung it just stays open . All i do is fill up with water . i do not think this sould be do this as the boat is only 6 month old . I do not think that any thing is broken in side it but maybe someone can tell me what is happening. Has this happened to any one and if it has what did you do about it ?:confused:

meny thanks

187490:)

It sounds like the rubber o rings are either broken or have come off the mounts on the bailer if the wedge is not closing when you push the rod back.

You will have to remove the bailer to check/fix, if you need rubber o rings, head down to the hardware store, plumbing section will have them. You'll also need more marine silicone or marine caulk to place over the screw hole and screw when you fasten the bailer back in

In any case, even if the wedge does not close, water should not get in the cockpit when the bung is pushed in tightly. If yours is leaking, push the bung in harder to make sure it is fully sealed in the drain hole.

In any case, even if the wedge does not close, water should not get in the cockpit when the bung is pushed in tightly. If yours is leaking, push the bung in harder to make sure it is fully sealed in the drain hole.

Exactly! This seems to be the problem. turn it around while pushing it in, so that it closes tightly again.

G

Thanks for that can any one tell me what they are ment to look like with a diagram or just tell me so i can have a look at the week end.

meny thanks

pic from West Coast Sailing site.. Once you have the bailer off and play with it for a minute, it will become very clear where the O-Rings are supposed to be attached. If you search the threads here, I know we have discussed making sure the O-Rings are correctly seated on the posts

Attachments

• bailer.JPG
    bailer.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 45
thanks for that i have spoke to my dad and he says there are loads of differant sized o rings wich will i need ?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks very much 187490:)

Take the bailer off first, take the broken o-rings (if they are indeed broken and have not just fallen of the posts) with you to the hardware store.

i would do that but i live 3 hours away from the boat and only go down at weekends and i have to get up erly on saterday to go to a race so it would help if you could tell me then i can get some and if they have come off then i have some spares :D

meny thanks

Given the circumstances, I'd suggest buying them at a Laser dealer then. You'll be assured of getting the correct size/elasticity.

If I have any laying around, I'll try to post a measurement later today.

Back