Hull only option?

Lazzzerrr

Is there a hull only option from laser performance? It would really be awesome if I could get a new hull without all the spars and boards since I have everything. Does anyone know were I could get a new hull without any of the spars, sails, boards, ect.?

You MIGHT be able to find a dealer who would sell you a hull and part out the rest. However, I doubt it. LP, and the dealers too, are in the business of selling complete boats.

I'm just now seeing the irony in that statement as I type it.

have you asked your local dealer if he would be willing to sell you just the hull? not sure where you are located, but if you are close to westcoast sailing in Portland you should send George an email, he is very flexible and i'm sure he would be willing to do that for you.

Considering some of the supply issues that were going on I thought some dealers were getting shipped incomplete boat packages, (missing sails, spars, blades). Problem was they were getting invoiced for full packages. I just ugraded my hull in a swap w/a guy at my club who got a great deal on a very lightly used '98 model hull. He paid $1000.00 for the package. He has 3 or 4 Lasers, but this one was such a good deal he could not pass it up. I gave him my hull, (which was a pretty well used '98 hull) and $ 500.00. Now he has a nice $ 500.00 complete laser package and I have a much stiffer hull that I'm thrilled with. My old '98 hull was still very fast. I'm excited to see how the stiffer one does. I really like how Vanguard used to finish the inside of the daggerboard trunks. Maybe you can look for a hull in the classifieds on this forum.

You may (if you are lucky) be able to purchase a 'hull only' cosmetic second. I know several people who have done this. I am not sure what the fault was but I couldn't spot it!

Depending on if hulls are still manufactured in the US or if they are shipped in if course. You will probably have to go to the factory/direct to the manufacturer to get it though as opposed to from a dealer.

Sailed my new "old" hull this weekend. It's a rocket in all conditions. 5 races. 4 bullets and a 2nd for the overall win. Gotta luv the vanguard hulls.

Back