Hull Help

Lazzzerrr

So I have a hull that has been painted multiple times that just looks like crap now. It is a heavy boat and it's really starting to make me mad when racing. I am going to sand all the paint off and then repaint it. I don't want to use gel coat because it sounds extremely confusing and totally out of my skill range. What is the best thing I can use that's not gelcoat?

I've heard two part epoxies give a really nice durable finish, but also take skill. Pettit's EasyPoxy (one part) gives a smooth good looking finish that you roll and tip on, but it's not as sturdy as a two part. Keep some on hand for the occasional touch up.

Yea I used interlux brightside or whatever it's called for my deck and it chips and nicks off so easily! I want something thats nice and durable. Do you know if the easy poxy is more durable than the interlux?

you should weigh your hull, new boats can weigh as light as 129lbs so if yours was 135lbs and gained 20lbs you'd be around 26lbs heavier than the competition right out of the gate (~20% heavier), make sure the inside of the hull is dry as well

well right now its as light as most of my friends boats and it has 2 layers of paint on it. the weight will stay the same.... im just trying to find the right paint

Back