How far from your sailing site do you live?

How far from your sailing site do you live

• Less than a mile

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • < 5 miles

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • < 15 Miles

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • < 25 miles

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • <75 miles

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • >150 miles time to move

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
I guess it depends on how you look at it. I 'live' 100 miles from where I sail, but I spend the summer where I sail, so I guess it is about 100 Yards. As I am retired I now have the time to enjoy what I like to do, but I do fiind that the mind is sometimes more willing than the body.

0.6 miles (0.4 of that is the road down the hill to the Club......you guys will see it this summer when you ALL come to NA's...right?

I still haven't found a new home port....so 2000+ miles to South Jersey....I'd drive 5 hours to Denver if there were any racing Fish over there and put down 300 miles!!!

I am 5 miles to my "quick dip" lake, 15 miles to a larger, deeper lake that holds regular regattas of several boat types (yacht club), and 30 miles from our lake with the cottage for overnights. I am also just 35 miles to the "big lake", Lake Michigan. That is just four out of over 1,000 lakes here in Michigan. (75% of my sail time is at the 5 mile trip site)

My local sailing club is only 10 miles away, but I went to 15 regattas and
13 of those regattas were 150 miles away or more. Erie Yacht Club will be real close to me at around 250 miles. I can't wait.

What I was getting at with the original post. Does the price of gas play a role in how much sailing you do?? I like to race (a lot) I've missed more regattas than I want to think about in the last 10 years. Now I've got the price of gas weighing heavily on regatta choices.

I dont think the price of gas will keep me from sailing. I live only 2 miles from work so I dont feel bad when doing recreational trip driving. If I lived far from my job and had to burn up gas and money every day I would feel different though. So glad I decided to move close to job back in 93.
I am wondering if the new Smart Car will tow a Sunfish heh heh
Eric Central Pa.

During the winter i'm about 110 Mi. from my summer place where my boat is. When i'm there i dolly my Sunfish 'bout 1/16 Mi..

During the winter or when I am working, I'm about 250 miles south from my summer place where my boat is. When I'm there, my boat is on a boat lift and I am about 150 feet away.

25 miles to the sound, but 80 or more if i want clean open ocean water off Rhode Island. Always worth the extra miles.

Pete

Back