How do I know my sail number?? / Sail trim

JuanCH

1. Hi there, I've just traded in a new laser hull but I don't know my sail number. Does it have something to do with the hull number? Help will be appreciated.

2. Sail trim. In light winds on a run I prefer the outhaul a little bit tighter than in normal conditions. does it work better this way? + vang loose. I've talked with some friends and they prefer the baggy style bottom. any thoughts on that?

thank you all very much!!!

I prefer to loosen the outhaul in light winds, as such will increase the curvature of the sail and thus the air molecules on the leeward side of the sail have further to travel... I do not find that it works better tighter in light winds.

if its a new laser, then there will be a sticker on the back of the cockpit that has a number on it going 19xxxx. if its older, then its on the serial number and there are many, many theads on how to read it

For sail trim - REALLY light needs a tighter outhaul so that the sail is not to baggy and the wind can stick to the sail a bit better. Then as the wind speed picks up it can be loosened to almost fully out.

Back