High Quality Minifish/Sunfish Restore Person?

dlk2000

My parents left me our family 1970's Minifish - this is the boat I learned to sail in. For it's age it is about a 5 out of 10 in terms of the shape she's in. I bring her out once or twice a year so my kids can learn on the same boat their old man did. This being said, I am looking for someone who I can hire to restore our Minifish to it's original quality (glass repair, paint job, gel coat, daggerboard restore, etc). Can anyone recommend someone? I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and would consider letting someone work on the boat as a winter project - returning it in the spring. I'd do it myself - but I am looking for a pro. Ideas & names are welcome. This is a very special boat to me so I would need pictures and references before handing her over for restoration. Many Thanks, DK.

I would think that you would be better off buying a new or newer boat. The kind of work you want will cost alot of money, as much as a nearly new boat - and I am thinking anybody who is professional will not want to waste time on such a small boat. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

There are lots of business in Fairfeild County that do this kind of work. If I had a proper shop I would consider taking the job on myself. You might consider doing this work with the kids too as they would much more respect for the boat and you would cringe less when they slammed into the dock bow first or dragged it up the beach! Check out New England Fiberglass out Rex Marine in South Norwalk. He is expensive, but the work is excellent.

Back