Hey. I'm new to sailing and i need help

aero

The best sailor ever
Hi, i just learned how to sail this past summer and i love it! I have been looking at sunfish recently because I do not have a boat, and they look relativly easy to rig and sail. I am interested in buying one. What should i look for while buying a boat any sugestions? How much is too much for a used sunfish depending on the years and shape? I dont really even know much about it, but i really want one. Theres a ton of people in Ohio with sunfish, and i think I'd really enjoy one. Thanks all!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Take a weight scale with you.

A Sunfish should weigh no more than 130 pounds, and water-soaked floatation (inside) can cause that weight to soar. Although the weight problem is fairly easy to deal with, it should be a factor in lowering the purchase price.

I see you are from Cleveland....I am in Erie, PA.

If you are serious, you can come sail one of my boats to see if you like the sunfish. My boats are not for sale, but I would be able to help you understand what to look for.

There is a fleet in Pymatuning that is somewhat active and our fleet in Erie is small, but active.

Also look for a post by someone from Cleveland named Danny. He was looking for a boat. That could get you a local contact.

Tim

Aero - Here is a boat for sale in the Toledo area:

A M F 14', SUNFISH SAILBOAT, , FIBERGLASS, VERY GOOD CONDITION, BLUE AND WHITE, WELL MAINTAINED, NEW OH STICKER, $950 OFFER 419-277-0579 TOLEDO(419) 277-0579

Back