Help me!! Which maker of hulls?

Slava

Hi all!
I want to buy Laser Standart,but i dont now whot the Manufacture is good?
And whear is a good price?
Plees help me to do my chois!:)

Re: Help me!!

The laser's are strictly onedesign, the manufacturer shouldn't matter (might occationaly have some impact on spars and sails but thats about it).

But some racers prefer boats Australian manufacture, and about Italian in general speak that very bad.
Therefore also there was a question that is better. I understand that Laser one design but if speak means in it that that is.:rolleyes:

Were do you live, and depending on how experianced you are the boat shouldnt really matter what manufacturer it is from if it is new.

I hope I don't come across being rude with this comment, but here goes... I don't know if there is a difference between manufacturers. In my opinion, there probably is. However... if there is a difference, and you have not been racing lasers long enough to know, then it will not matter to you. What is more important is that you get a boat and get out on the water as much as you can. Then, if there is a difference, you will have learned through experience what is better or worse, and then you can act based on what you have learned.

I want to participate in international race, for this I need really good boat.I live on Ukraine.

Given how few manufacturers there are and given the cost of shipping then I would have thought that to buy one from a distant builder would cost a fortune, money that might be much better spent on additional training, time on water, etc.

Ian

Steve_Landeau said:
... I don't know if there is a difference between manufacturers. In my opinion, there probably is. However...

Hi,
comparing the hulls of the different producers, there are several differences noticeable.

I am not going to discuss this here in details (although I could do this), because such a discussion brings us not forward for the aspect 'Slava' is asking for.

I advice you, 'Slava' , to contact your national Laser-secretary: The address is to find at the ILCA-Laserhandbook. I post this adress to you via private message.
If he can't help to find a good Laser for you in the neighborhood, contact me via pm, perhaps I can have a look here at GER marketplaces for used Lasers, although GER is not near to UKR.

Ciao
LooserLu

To me the real questions would be:

- Who is the designated builder for the Ukraine?
- Where do they have a dealer?

You could literally shop the world for the perfect brand of Laser, but getting it in the country and through customs would be a nightmare for a single person. The designated builder would have experience in importing boats and a distribution network.

torrid said:
- Who is the designated builder for the Ukraine?
- Where do they have a dealer?
- Performance Sailcraft Europe is the builder for the Laser in Europe, of course.

- The main dealer is to find in the internet here:
http://www.lasersailing.com
This link only works during the usual office times at England (probably not in the moment).

I found a website for the Laser at Poland : http://www.laserpol.com.pl/en/
perhaps reachable from the UKR.
Ciao
LooserLu

here is my view on why it does not matter who the builder is. the cost of shipping a boat from another continent just does not make sense for the tiny bit of proformance out of it you might get, instead go do a days worth of roll tacks and it would probably help more. and if everyone you are racing against has a boat from the same builder, buying one would have you at equal footing. you will not be at all behind for buying a boat from the local builder

I've seen lasers from all around the world pretty much, and they really arn't very diffrent.
Some manufacturers may have a higher precentage of boats that are faulty in one way or another, but if you know how a laser is suposed to be you should be albe to find a decent one from any manufacturer.

Anyway, if this isn't an important thing for you psycologicaly, then it dosn't matter =P

Back