good site for laser accessories

BrianLaural

I completely rigged my laser for the first time and noticed the clew tie down was missing. It looks like a nylon rope would do but I would like to get the laser strap instead just for ease. Does anyone else use the strap for the clew tie down? Are there any sites that I could find that and other laser parts? Thanks

westcoastsailing.net is owned by a fellow TLF member so i suggest going there. but if they don't have what you are looking for go to apsltd.com.

I had good luck with the Colie sails guys... nice guys, great shipping, I even called them back and had changed my mind about adding sail numbers and they obliged and beat theiir shipping estimate by a day.

That is not to say that anyone else would not provide the same level of service, just that I found the colie guys to be very helpful.

Thanks for your order Brian, I'm going to drive to the Post Office right now instead of waiting for the mailman to make sure you get the strap by the weekend.

-George

Wow WestCoast... great service... I checked out your site today and hope to order few things soon.

BrianLaural, if by chance you are able to go sailing before your strap shows up....I just have a section of 3/16" about 13 inches long that I run through the clew grommet and around the boom, secure with a reefing knot... I usuually shoot for as little slack as possible while still allowing it to move up and down the boom.

That's what I do anyway, Anyone else just use line for their clew tie downs? I'm sure y'all dont want my advice on this stuff...

pez said:
That's what I do anyway, Anyone else just use line for their clew tie downs?

Line for a clew tie down is the original solution. Paige Railey still uses line for a clew tie down, at least for practice.

Just wanted to say that WestCoast sailing has a customer for life! I received my clew strap a day earlier than I needed it because of their eagerness to please the customer. I thought this level of service was dead these days. I look forward to dealing with George for all of my future laser needs.

Also, I wouldn't say that the other place is a lot cheaper for the strap. 9.99+shipping vs 16.00+free shipping. I'll always pay a little extra when I get treated right.

Back