Fred's plan for moving up the competitive ladder

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
Re: How do you move up the competitive ladder?

Originally this asked...how to move up etc.....so....

The year when Doug Peckover won the masters worlds...of course..... He tuned up at the Easter Laser Regatta

Steve Bordow sailed in the Easter Laser Regatta and he finished second in the senior Laser worlds.

None of the US delegation to the Brazil worlds sailed in the 2005 Easter Laser regatta...None made the gold fleet.

Paul Foerster sailed in the Easter Laser Regatta and won a gold medal in the most recent Olympics.

NA Class president Tracy Usher has never sailed in the Easter Laser Regatta and..is it just a coincidence????.... Has never won an Olympic Medal of any sort.

Eric Faust won the Easter Laser Regatta a few times and he was elected Vice Prresident of the NA Class. ( some may say that is a penalty but let's assume good thoughts)

Paige Railey and Leah Hoephner sent parents to the Easter Laser Regatta and those parents were so grateful the kids have since been sent all over the world as a reward.

Eric Bakker sailed the Easter Laser Regatta and was so inspired by the experience he invented the Lockpit...a product that has thrilled millions of Laser owners.

If you want to rise up through the ranks of the sailing world in general...You really need to sail in the Easter Laser Regatta

http://cerebus.winsite.com/fred/Easter.htm

^^^^ That post seems very US centric. Sailing is an International sport gov. Has Robert Scheidt ever sailed in the Easter Laser Reggatta?

rock steady said:
^^^^ That post seems very US centric. Sailing is an International sport gov. Has Robert Scheidt ever sailed in the Easter Laser Reggatta?

The above must be an attempt to compare the Easter Laser Regatta to other events. As opposed to the very impressive history of the Laser Senior World championships, where competitors must be supplied boats just to get them to show up, no competitor has ever managed to win the Easter Laser Regatta even three times in a row. Current gazzilion time world champion Robert Scheidt has not only never won the Easter Laser Regatta, he has yet to cross one of the Easter Laser Regatta Finish lines ahead of even our most frail old men or young females.
No dear contributor, the post was not US Centric. The post merely related the facts. If Robert ever wishes to take his game to the next level, he may be able to begin the quest at the Easter Laser Regatta...
or he could just continue sailing what amount to little more than exhibitions in the restricted entry fleet that surrounds him at the Laser Senior World Championships.

gouvernail said:
No dear contributor, the post was not US Centric. The post merely related the facts. If Robert ever wishes to take his game to the next level, he may be able to begin the quest at the Easter Laser Regatta...
or he could just continue sailing what amount to little more than exhibitions in the restricted entry fleet that surrounds him at the Laser Senior World Championships.

Ha ha ha:D Now your getting funny. Are you actually claiming the winners of the Easter Laser Reggatta are superior sailors to Robert Scheidt?

rock steady said:
Are you actually claiming the winners of the Easter Laser Reggatta are superior sailors to Robert Scheidt?

My comments weree not restricted to the winners of the Easter Laser Regatta.
Robert Scheidt has yet to finish any race of the Easter Laser Regatta ahead of even the most frail old man or small child.

He has never entered your reggatta! The thought probably has never even entered his head. Why would he travel all the way across the world just to race in your reggatta when you are talking about him like this? Face it gouv, your reggatta, as good as it may be, has nothing to do with sailors outside the US.

rock steady said:
He has never entered your reggatta! The thought probably has never even entered his head. Why would he travel all the way across the world just to race in your reggatta when you are talking about him like this? Face it gouv, your reggatta, as good as it may be, has nothing to do with sailors outside the US.

"Gouv" is pulling your leg. Face it--you've played right into his wretched hands.

Merrily

rock steady said:
I didn't think we had Trolls here Merrily.

Trolls?? I have a feeling that's some kinds of slang. What's it mean?

Merrily

Merrily said:
Trolls?? I have a feeling that's some kinds of slang. What's it mean?

Merrily

A troll is one of those folks who hangs out in chat rooms and on forums and on email lists and who thrives on attention but rarely serves any purpose other than to attract that attention.
The troll will start arguments which on close inspection serve no real purpose to the discussion. By that I mean, "the answer to which side is right" is not relevent to the subject.

Example: Why do people insist on posting their emails in blanko font when everybody with any brains uses blammo font?

The simple answer is...Who cares as long as you can read it.

The person who is sucked in by the ttroll will spend endless hpours discussioing the merits of the various font styles while abandoning the subject...

Whic remains.

How do you move up the sailing Ladder?

Practice. Go to the gym when you can't have time to sail.

Follow the winners and figure out why they do what they do...Or at least try to imitate them until you can figure out why?

Or

When in doubt...copy somebody in front of you.

If you find yourself in the lead, stay between the guy behind you and the next mark.

On shore forget that pride stuff and ask the guys whpo are doing dtuff better than you....HOW? What? When? Help me?

Mostly...fun is better than winning anytime....says me.

Is this Fred..... Fibergalss Fred?? If so, then thanks for the advise on the US1. I got a rudder and lots of advise from some past national champions. I don't think Fred is a troll. He is just trying to promote Laser racing here on Lake Travis. Its a large group of very talented racer's that will humble you very quickley. I think he is just trying to point out that the competition is worth the travel.

DaveK

rock steady said:

My father in law who is originally from Venezuela, a country very close to Brazil, once heard a sailor from there talk about Easter. A couple of days later the same sailor said he raced against Robert Scheidt in a Regatta in Brazil. That same sailor likes to visit friends in Texas which is relatively close and really isn't on the other side of the world from Brazil. So there you have it Easter Regatta and Robert Scheidt go together. By the way I've never sailed in the Easter Regatta and I haven't won any international events in a long while...:D

If I ever want to amount to anything in the Laser world (an unlikely thought to begin with), I guess I will have to sail in the Easter Regatta. Please book a room for me and my bunny. And bring on Robert Scheidt!

Back