Fleets in Northern IN?

pez

A spin off from the Class politics thread, where are the fleets in Northeast IN, Southeast Michigan, Northwest Ohio?

Anyone know of any or how to find out?

Responding sarcastically to a question is amusing, especially when the OP needs a good metaphorical slapping around. ;-)

I did spend about 30 mins plugging in addresses for towns I've never heard of (and some I had) to see if they were near Fort Wayne with no luck. D19 Didn't actually have addresses. I could tell from one of the email addresses that it might be near Ann Arbor. 10,000 lakes and 15 fleets :)

It's a difficult question to find out the answer for. I guess I'll start at lake 1 and drive to the 9,999 others and see if any lasers come out to sail with me :)

I did spend about 30 mins plugging in addresses for towns I've never heard of (and some I had) to see if they were near Fort Wayne with no luck.

Lake Wawassee appears to be the closest... Of interest to me to since I live just south of Fort Wayne.

Yes, Wawasee in Syracuse, IN is probably closest and some great people and a great lake to sail on. I have sailed LIghtnings there on occasion and bought a couple of lasers from down there. should be able to find Wawasee Yacht Club on line

Yes, Wawasee in Syracuse, IN is probably closest and some great people and a great lake to sail on. I have sailed LIghtnings there on occasion and bought a couple of lasers from down there. should be able to find Wawasee Yacht Club on line

Yea, Wawassee is great, but their Laser fleet disbanded. I bought one of the guy's boats and I seem to remember he was switching to sunfish or something. He regretted it, but was tired of being only 1 of 2-3 lasers on Sailing weekends. Great people down there. I think I am going to try to crew on a couple boats down there this summer.

Lake Wawassee appears to be the closest... Of interest to me to since I live just south of Fort Wayne.

Well lets get an informal fleet together, I have a cottage on one of the lakes up near pokagon... where do you sail your laser?

I have two lasers... when I bought the second one I had a bet with my wife that both lasers would be under sail at the same time no less than 10 times last summer. I only made it to 7. The lake I am on is pretty small, so the sailing is kinda sketchy sometimes...

There's another laser up there, but the guy never sails it. There's another guy up there with a Force 5 and he gives me good natured flak about the laser. He came by on a ridiculously windy day and said he wasnt going out because he thought the wind would bend his mast... I made it my personal mission to sail all day long.

PM me your contact info if you are interested in getting a couple sailing days this summer.

I thought you were being sarcastic, as in "check the district websites, dummy"... and was referring to myself as the OP that needed a good slapping around, eg, I should have checked the websites already...

In person, you would have thought my "um" was cute, not sarcastic. ;)

... where do you sail your laser?

I sail at Huntington and Salamonie reservoirs (30 min from home so I can get in more often). They are a little tight so you don't get a good consistent wind. I'm hoping to get out more often this year and maybe try a few other lakes.

Back