finding local sailors or clubs

Michael950

I have had minor exposure to sailing and have an interest in sailing a laser boat. I've begun research on possibly buying or trying a laser.

What's the best way to reach people in your area that sail lasers? I live in college station, tx. Have family in houston, and friends in Austin. I know the Tx A&M sail club has a few but I'm not a student and do not have access. I'd like to try before I buy, any suggestions on finding local owners willing or patient enough to share their story and interest in sailing?

i suggest becoming a member at your local club and chartering a laser and join the race team. this is a great way of trying out the class and meeting people.

Send a PM to the Gouvernail on this site and by all means do NOT miss his Easter Regatta!

Send a PM to the Gouvernail on this site and by all means do NOT miss his Easter Regatta!

Are you buying new boat or searching for alternate source?

I personally know the "Gouvernail" (aka Fred) and really nice guy. :cool:

Pass along your question to him (as Rob suggested).

Wednesday evenings are best in the Austin area as there is Laser series out of AYC/Lake Travis and there is open invitation.

Keep us posted, as there may be a possibility to meetup at the lake. (I'm also new to Laser sailing!)

Sail la vie

I have had minor exposure to sailing and have an interest in sailing a laser boat. I've begun research on possibly buying or trying a laser.

What's the best way to reach people in your area that sail lasers? I live in college station, tx. Have family in houston, and friends in Austin. I know the Tx A&M sail club has a few but I'm not a student and do not have access. I'd like to try before I buy, any suggestions on finding local owners willing or patient enough to share their story and interest in sailing?

Have you thought about, " Austin Sailing Meetup"?

http://sailing.meetup.com/81/

HTH

Back