Fair market value

dmccaige

Does anyone know the fair market price of a used 14' Sunfish. I am looking to buy and was curious. I found a mid 1980's that needs a sail and does not have a trailer. Can these be hauled on top of a vehicle? Thanks for any information.

Check out the Knowledge Base at the top of this forum page. Condition is everything. The most often used "test" is to weigh the hull. Anything much over 140 pounds suggests water problems. Price could be anywhere from $200 to maybe as much as $1200 depending on overall condition. Has it been stored inside? Is there any damage to the hull? Good luck! :D

d mc, FYI, I bought my 80"s locally from a racer that had it fully equipt, racing board, racing sail (good condition), outhaul, downhaul, adjustable gooseneck, racing compass, had my own trailer. I paid 1K and am happy, boat is correct weight, tight, no repair needed, go to the line and race. I did not check (and should have) under the gooseneck fitting, there was some corrosion, so I switched masts with another older boat I had. Be sure to check that.

Hope that helps, Winever.

Back