Facebook Markertplace

Alan S. Glos

Is it just me or does the Facebook Marketplace's built-in search engine suck big time? Enter: "Sunfish sailboat" and you get anything that floats and even airplanes or ice fishing lures. Is there any way to trick the search engine into narrowing the search to display only what you are looking for? Like it or not, Facebook Marketplace is the most popular
on-line buy/sell website, but it is sure clunky to use efficienty. Any suggestions?

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

I see this too. Requires a lot of sorting. When inputting only Sunfish, I get mostly lures, but also a sprinkling of Sunfish boats and related parts. Who knows…maybe you‘ll come across something you can’t pass up.

Ya, the whole search function is just hard to use. You dont have much control over range and then it suggests things from all over the place. It makes no sense. Two of the sunfish I bought did not come up in regular searches, but I happened to see the ad cause it suggested it to me. In each case the ad was place in less then 15 minutes before I sat down at my computer.

More then once I saw stuff in suggestions but did not come up in my search. I also found changing ranges gives different results. Close by item did not show up in a 100 mile search, but only in a 40 mile search even though all the other items showed up. Real strange stuff.

Search tempest for craigslist can be good, but that is not FB market.

Yup, FB Marketplace is not nearly as user-friendly as craigslist. I’m always looking for (another) Minifish. They don’t come up often, but Swedish Fish (and now Mini Swedish Fish) do!

Back