Emergency question on Team Racing

Merrily

Administrator
With my No Work Regatta, I've made the mistake of working. I read the Team Racing rules and see that there are some differences allowed in mark rounding. It's the second rule of Part 2, change to D1.1(b). The bit about if the clear ahead boat tacks. Can anyone give me the rule change in English?

Please only answer this query if you've done Team Racing. The rules are different!

This is an emergency because the regatta is today and I'm leaving my house at 10 a.m. eastern daylight.

Thanks!

Janet

We never had any questions with windward mark rounding. We had 8 sailors, and we put 4 people on a team. The members were widely split in ability. The better sailors did some covering and had some tacking duals to help the less experienced, but as far as I know, there weren't run ins at the windward mark. Our "stars" waited for the leeward mark and finish line to do their evil deeds. ;) (BTW, I'm a middle of the fleet sailor, which means we've recently had an influx of sailors newer than me :D. Go Laser Fleet 513!)

I still don't understand rule number 2 of Team Racing, so if anyone has any insite, I'd apppreciate hearing it.

Most of us felt that Team Racing was an interesting game that we have a long way to go figure out. We'd like to try it again.

Team Racing is fun stuff. I took part in a two-on-two regatta in 420s at CNU last year and it taught me a lot about controlling boatspeed and how to manipulate other boats. Apparently it's really gaining in popularity in Europe.

Back