Dry capsize

pez

This past weekend I figured out how to capsize without getting wet.... sitting on the side as the boat capsizes, then stepping directly on to the daggerboard... 20 seconds after a capsize and it's underway again.

I'm kinda right footed, so I can only do it on starboard tack...

Light and boring winds in Southern michigan this weekend. About 3-4 pm sunday it picked up and I got a couple sails in... Then I spotted my wife mowing the yard at the lake cottage and figured since that was my job I was in a bit of trouble.

I finally started using a clew hook, Jury is still out...

Gonne re-rig my outhaul... tired of the line going around the mast and the complicated mess it creates, plus both of the additional purchases are bey9ond the cleat, so it's not taking any pressure of my ancient and tired plastic cleats, so the outhaul will still slip a little.

I dunno... seems like this is my chorus lately, but $13 for a piece of cast aluminum seems a bit high for me... granted that the market for these is capped at the total number of lasers *3

radialsailor_luckyduck said:
Really?
No...
I never wouldve guesste
Way to revive an old thread just to trash on the guy. At least thats not an extremely pointless and unnecessary thing to do. And it's spelled "guessed."

Ok, guys. Lucky Duck weighs 85 lbs, so I reckon he is a youngster. He is new here, so he probably doesn't know--just as I've said recently in another thread, The Laser Forum is a no flame zone. Every Laser sailor should feel free to post without criticism. That includes sarcastic replies to flamers. Now let's get back to the topic with the next post, please.

Ignoring the flaming....

WAY TO GO PEZ! If you get lucky, and quick at times, it's possible to turn it turtle and retrieve without getting much more than your calves wet... assuming you don't dunk to windward when she goes.

You could probably use the same technique on port tack, if you don't mind facing astern as you go over the top.

The good thing about Lasers is, you'll get plenty of practice - my early mentors all reckon that if you don't capsize every other race, you're not trying hard enough

hehe... wild I forgot about this thread... yea, I figured it out on port tack... just face backwards... I did buy the deck cleats but not the outhaul cleat... outhaul cleat still works and I have no means with which to attach rivets...

Back