Cost of hull repairs

pugslie2

Won my first race today!!!:D

Also got my hull smashed in a traffic jam at the leeward mark :mad:

Does anyone know what a ballpark cost is to have a 4-inch hole in the hull repaired?

My plan is to take it to a Laser dealer to have the work done. I just don't know how much it should cost.

Thanks.

You smashed a 4 inch hole in your hull and still won your race at a place called the Grand Rapids. Welcome to the The Laser Forum!

pugslie2 said:

Does anyone know what a ballpark cost is to have a 4-inch hole in the hull repaired?

My plan is to take it to a Laser dealer to have the work done. I just don't know how much it should cost.

Thanks.

I once caused such a mishap :eek: . The repair (in the starboard side of the hull) was done by a small fiberglass repair shop in the Annapolis MD area. The cost of the nicely done job was about $300. I imagine that the cost through a dealer would have been considerably higher. Of course, the location of the hole, and what exactly needs to be done, will play a role too.

The hull damage happened after the race win.

Big wind. Great day.....until the mishap. Now time to get the boat fixed.

Three letters..... DIY.

It's not hard to do the repair and you'll save $$$$'s. There's lots of discussions here about repairs.

i personally had a repair done when i first got my boat which was destined for the dump but we rescued it after the hurrican and it had a hole in the deck that was about 12" big with the cracks and we had it repaired and had the boat refvinished by a freind of ours for around 900$ and we got the 10 year old boat back and it looked brand new after sitting outside for 10 years. I dont know if your dealer can do repairs cause most dealers i know only sell the stuff. I would ask around the club casue there are usually members that can do it for you for a good price and some beer.

pugslie2 said:

Thanks.

Congrats, would you win another race if we told you that yuo were gonna get holed again ? Was it worth it ?

Sorry couldn't be there for it, I'm sure Steve will help with the repair.

Torresson marine in muskegon 231 755 8596 or better yet, get Curt Miller to help out, he's the master !

Eric

Back