Cost for used masts/booms?

egsea

I bought a shipping container with lots of Hobie and Laser stuff inside it. I have a few Laser booms and masts which I'd like to sell.I want to give someone a good deal, but not rip myself off! I do not sail Lasers so I have no idea what the asking price should be. The booms have minimal hardware on them. The masts and booms have slight scratches, but other than that they look perfect. I also have this mystery boom. It does not have the Laser logo on it, but it looks similar to the Laser booms I have. It is totally rigged with hardware and lines. How can I tell if this is a Hobie or Laser boom? Thanks for any ideas..
[email protected]

For pricing, you can consult the For Sale section. Of course, also the new prices out of the store. If you offer your items at 50% of new, you are likely to generate interest.

Regarding your boom question (Laser, Hobie or something else?), if you post dimensions, I am sure somebody will be able to help you. Or post a picture

The boom may be a home made one. I know of a web site where you can purchase the same material for masts and booms and add your own hardware. This could have just been the person going the cheap way of getting a quality boom. A Hobie boom is much different than a laser boom. Laser is just a cylinder, and a Hobie has a track in it for the sail.

Back