Cool tower home in Surf City, USA...

Cactus Cowboy

Had a discussion today at another website about the pros & cons of off-grid living, and this in turn led to a discussion about 'repurposing' objects and making homes out of them. I'm sure some of you have seen those old lighthouses folks buy and renovate as homes? Primo pads, those lighthouses, but they're NOT cheap, lol. Some folks turn old missile silos into homes: not my cuppa tea, since I like my views, but still rather creative! Anyway, this discussion made me recall a primo water tower home I saw decades ago in Huntington Beach, where some good friends lived after moving out of Coronado. Funny thing, that HB water tower home is now world-famous, lol... I saw it back when they first started renovating it, and I thought it was cool even then, rising above the crowd of neighbors below, aye? Must be some decent privacy up there in the tower, no douchebag neighbors looking directly into your windows, lol. ;)

Anyway, check out this primo beach pad, you can even see Catalina Island (or Santa Catalina) from the home, as well as downtown L.A., lol. I'm thinking the city lights would be pretty at night, no need to actually visit that smog-and-crime-ridden dump, lol. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near L.A. nowadays, but if I HAD to live on the coastal strip, I reckon this would be the place to do it. Of course, if I owned this place, I'd put my pool table smack in the center of that lounge on the topmost floor, what a cool spot to hang out, par-tay and shoot some stick!!! And I could check the surf (and sailing weather) by simply looking out a window, or walking out onto the wraparound deck... what a cool pad, and a good way to save an old landmark which was once slated for demolition (or teardown salvage). Here's the link, there's a short video too which gives ya more looks at the renovation. Pretty awesome pad, too bad it's still in the Greater Los Angeles Area, lol. :confused:

Huntington Beach Water Tower Home

I'M OFF TO READ A GOOD BOOK BY MICHAEL CRICHTON, FOUND IT ON A LIBRARY SHELF, LOL... CHEERS!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back