Computer Race Scoring Program

Merrily

Administrator
I'm looking for one for a PC. What's good? I need it to do scores for various classes of boats, including Lasers, and handle PHRF stuff too.

Hi merrily

Our club and the J22 southwest district uses: http://www.regattanetwork.com/

It is a web based program so platform doesn't matter.

Give it a look.
It works well & keeps entry information on a secure off site server, so once you make an entry, it will be stored for the next event.
No more reinvention of the wheel... so to speak.

Best of luck

R

P.S. did i mention that the basic package is free?

Hi Janet,

We use Sailwave for everything. It's essentially free, (donations greatly appreciated), and supports everything I know of. Windows based, useable on Mac's with an emulator, easily exported to websites. It's well supported by a UK guy, who keeps up with all the inuendo's of Olympic or other racing formats, tie breaker systems, etc. It handles our 80 race series easily, and we have an odd 25% throwout system.

http://www.sailwave.com/index.php?page=home

See you in FL?

Al Russell 182797

Allan Broadribb wrote a scoring program specifically for Laser sailing. He has always made it available to anyone who wants to run Laser races. It can be used for masters scoring as well.
The program used to be available for download off the NA Site.

It is easy to learn and operate. Years ago, it took me a couple hours to figure it out and years later I am darned near computer illiterate.

I will see if there is any functioning link anywhere to download Allan's wonderful program.

Google found Alscore on the web wayback machine but the link to get there was through laser.org.
This also works..

I tested it by downloading it and running the program. Everything seems OK. It will download itself to your computer. Then when you hit the exe it installs itself onm your desktop. There is also a set of directions instaled on your desktop. It is tiny, fast and simple to use.

Good luck!!

Don't forget to than Allan Broadribb for making your scoring so easy!!

the link>>>

Click on Alscore on the upper right side of the page

http://schrothfiberglass.com/LaserMaint.htm

gouvernail said:
Allan Broadribb wrote a scoring program specifically for Laser sailing. He has always made it available to anyone who wants to run Laser races.

I'll look the program over, Gouvernail, but as I said in the original post, I need a program for all classes of boats. I'm going to be compiling the scores for RC at my club, so the duty includes not only Lasers, but other boat designs as well. I'd also like a program that can do handicapped races.

gouvernail said:
Google found Alscore on the web wayback machine but the link to get there was through laser.org.
This also works..

Um,. . .could you post the link, please?

Merrily said:
I'll look the program over, Gouvernail, but as I said in the original post, I need a program for all classes of boats. I'm going to be compiling the scores for RC at my club, so the duty includes not only Lasers, but other boat designs as well. I'd also like a program that can do handicapped races.

merrily :)
I would advise you to take sailwave you have all the future you need an it looks really nice to put after into the net you can use banners of your club etc etc
see our club sample: http://www.ssclv.com/cms/files/ssclv06.pdf
best regards from snowy switzerland
martin

gouvernail said:

Alscore was definitely THE scoring program to use in its day and was widely used for major Laser events for a long time. However, I don't think that particular version has been updated since early 1999 and so I don't think it properly handles things like DNF, DNS, tie breaks or various other scoring rule changes in the past two rule books. There does still exist a "review" of this program on the US Sailing website complete with a screenshot. And, of course, Fred has kindly resurrected a link to it.

A big advantage of some of the newer scoring programs (many of which incorporate Masters scoring) is that they can publish results ready to post to the web.

I think Alscore handles all the points stuff for letter scores properly. It is a bit of a pain to publish scores from Alscore..

If you want to produce formatting everybody can easily see, you have to open the results with Microsoft Excel and play with the columns for about a minute.

But...I don't know of another program that scores masters, labels and separates out the winners in every age group and by sex. Allan did a really nice job.

Also..the program runs in DOS. My Windows 98 and ME computers run it wonderfully but I have not tried it on XP.

Back