cockpit brass fitting

fox

The brass fitting I purchased has a bushing with it---not sure which way to install the new fitting---bushing on cokcpit side or bottom of hull side. Also, which way is the proper way to install the actaul fitting----nut on cockpit side or bottom side?

fox

The brass fitting I purchased has a bushing with it---not sure which way to install the new fitting---bushing on cokcpit side or bottom of hull side. Also, which way is the proper way to install the actaul fitting----nut on cockpit side or bottom side?

fox

Brass?? I didn't think anything on a laser has brass on it. The bushing on the cockpit bailer is plastic on most boats I have seen. Not sure a brass fitting would work with the auto bailer. Without an autobailer it may not matter what fitting you use (though it may not be class "legal") as lon as the size is right. I think the nut would likely go on the bottom side.

The cockpit fitting that is sold now for retrofiting old/broken plastic bushings and used on new boats is indeed metal - brass.

The nut and bushing go on the same side (the bushing prevents the nut from gouging the fiberglass as you tighten it) I can't recall if it's in the cockpit or not, it shouldn't make any diff. though. Give a shout to LaserPerf. if you want to do it like the new boats..

The nut and bushing go on the same side (the bushing prevents the nut from gouging the fiberglass as you tighten it) I can't recall if it's in the cockpit or not, it shouldn't make any diff. though. Give a shout to LaserPerf. if you want to do it like the new boats..

If you look closely, the brass sleeve part of the assembly has an angular cross section to it (see image) with one side of the sleeve having a shallower depth than the other. The sleeve and loose nut appear to fit best on the underside of the hull as the hole does not exit perfectly straight from the fibreglass. The captive nut end of the assembly would therefore be on the cockpit side, yes?

Attachments

• Laser Brass Drain Plug Bushing Assembly.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
If you look closely, the brass sleeve part of the assembly has an angular cross section to it (see image) with one side of the sleeve having a shallower depth than the other. The sleeve and loose nut appear to fit best on the underside of the hull as the hole does not exit perfectly straight from the fibreglass. The captive nut end of the assembly would therefore be on the cockpit side, yes?

You are correct.

HI
I am new to lasers and am currently trying to revamp a very old boat, I have replaced the bailer and have noticed that there appears to be a part missing.
From the discussion and photo's here it looks like it is the brass fitting, it would be great if someone could confirm the part code according to laser UK website is "1136 complete assembly" corresponds to the brass fitting:confused:

Back