Clew Sleeves

Deimos

Thinking about getting one (for ease or rigging as much as anything else; I don't like the velcro strap). The UK Laser Centre seems to sell a Harken one, yet I notice that those in the US do not appear manufactured by Harken.

Are there several different ones or it the same one sold as a Harken brand in the UK ?

If there are different ones, anybody know if they behave differently (better of worse than each other).

Ian

Thinking about getting one (for ease or rigging as much as anything else; I don't like the velcro strap). The UK Laser Centre seems to sell a Harken one, yet I notice that those in the US do not appear manufactured by Harken.

Are there several different ones or it the same one sold as a Harken brand in the UK ?

If there are different ones, anybody know if they behave differently (better of worse than each other).

Ian

The US ones are Harken, too, and I believe they are the only manufacturer.

Yea.... Harken is the only one that makes them. I bought it the day it came out and I will never go back to velcro again :D :p

I am excited about the prospect of moving up to velcro in the near future. Currently using a piece of string.

I am excited about the prospect of moving up to velcro in the near future. Currently using a piece of string.
im fifteen and have been sailing lasers for four years now, the sleeve makes rigging alot nicer and faster because you dont have to wrestle with trying to tie a bowline to the clew or whatever system you use. id say spend the 45$ and buy the harken boom sleeve

I tried one for the first time a few weeks ago...Its SOOOOO much better than the old system! I got mine the day after they arrived in the UK, and then took a few months to get out on the water. I arrived late, rushed to rig, got on the water with 4 minutes to go, and scraped home with 2 1sts! I would have still been tieing the clew down at the start with the old system! lol! Twas dumb luck tho, got totally hammered in both races the following weekend!

Back