Choosing new hikers

Josef

I've been looking at the Rooster Pro 3/4 Hike shorts and the Zhik 3/4 MicroFleece Power Pad hikers. Planing to use them together with my gul spray top most of the time and with some sort of rashguard in warm weathers.

I wonder how you think they'd work in the relativly cold conditions we have here in Sweden (probably an avarage temprature of around 20°C). I have a drysuit for really cold days but I hope to be able to get out of it as soon as tempratures go above 10°C. Maybe that's a bit optimistic though. Also I'd like to know what the advatages of both models are and if there are any major dissadvatanges.

Major disadvantage with Zhik is that they fall to bits very quickly. The ones with the poewer pads last a bit longer (prviously they had battends sown into the suit which ripped out), but they still tear up pretty quick. Would recommend you definately wear the spandex shorts over them. Otherwise you will have a big hole in the rear end after 1/2 season. Zhik were really popular where I sail, but as they fall to bits so quick less and less people are buying them.

The people I have seen wearing the Rooster ones don't seem to go through them so quick.

Back