changing deck colour

im thinking of changing the colour of my laser and i want to do it properly. just wondering how would i change the deck colour keepng the deck grip without adding much weight

why would you want to change the colour... it really doesn't matter what colour the deck is

It does, actually, in one critical way: If you're sailing aggressively, at some point you're going to be a little bit over the line. If you do this surrounded by dozens of other boats exactly the same colour, it's unlikely that anyone on the committee boat will be able to pick out which one was over. If you've got the only bright red boat in the fleet, however, it's a lot more obvious.

It does, actually, in one critical way: If you're sailing aggressively, at some point you're going to be a little bit over the line. If you do this surrounded by dozens of other boats exactly the same colour, it's unlikely that anyone on the committee boat will be able to pick out which one was over. If you've got the only bright red boat in the fleet, however, it's a lot more obvious.
If you are sailing at a very competitive level than maybe you should look into buying a new/ newer boat. I'm guessing that boat is very old if it has a red deck and therefore will not be very competitive to start off with. Also a sail number from a long time ago will be called over on a start line very easily as well.
Anyways if you are set on repainting the deck there isn't much I can help you with but good luck.:)

Back