Centreboard trouble...

hey guys,
my centreboard is slighty smaller than the slot for it in my laser...when im goin upwind it always pops up abou 2inches and when im going downwind it always falls down...any ideas would be great as it gets quite annoying having to hold it up sometimes...:(
Thanks in advance!!..:)
BS

cheers bud....i am aware of the'brake' and have ajusted it before but not much has changed..ill look back and see if the other threads help me out... thanks again...

What kind of shockcord or bungee cord tension are you using? The bungee cord would run
from the hole in the top of your centreboard back to the boweye. If tensioned properly
this would eliminate having to hold the board up. Sometimes too much tension
will cause the board to 'pull' up while going upwind. The bungee and the brake should
work together to allow you to pull up and or push down the board as needed depending on your point of sail.

i have read over some of the previous threadson this topic and will try a few different things the next time...i have already made some knots in the line to shorten it (as i didnt want to cut it just in case)...i'll try it shorter at the weekend...thanks stick...

i have seen people with a strip on the centreboard slot almost like felt or carpet so it holds...is this legal and does it work does anyone know??...

Back