Carbon tiller repair advice

lasereng

Hi,

My unbreakable carbon tiller is cracking up the side. Does anyone know of the best way to repair this...some kind of filler, powerful glue etc.? It's the laser tiller (the one that looks pimping but actually isn't very good)

Also, the flexi joint on the extension has a slight rip and I'm unsure as to whether it is repairable?

Cheers

The flexi universal is not worth repairing, (not sure there are any decent "repairs" for it either. Try to avoid storing the tiller/extension connected together in the gear bag, that's the reason the universal prematurely cracks and breaks.

As far as the tiller itself, depending on age, and the serverity of the crack, the first thing I would do is bring back to the dealer or LP and let them see if it's a manufacturing issue (and replace it for you). Otherwise, a few wraps of fiberglass/epoxy should help (wraps of carbon twill would be even better, but if you don't have a source for it, plain fiberglass will suffice)

Post a pic if you can, that'll help make sure you get the best advice on how to fix if you have to.

Cheers for that. Will try and get a picture up. The flexi joint is a strange one as I always take the tiller and extension apart for storing and i'm not sure how it's happened at all whereas with the tiller I think that may have cracked when using bad technique downwind when it was honking.

Back