Carbon Tiller and rudder head

Hey i have recently brought a carbon tiller from MB yachting in New Zealand and i was wondering is it best to glue the tiller into the rudder head?
Becuase i have one of those mega bolts my rudder is always in the same position wich is down so i think that if i have the tiller glued in than it wont be able to fit into the foil bag properly and be a hassle for travelling does anyone have and ideas of which is better a glued in tiller for perfect reaction with movement or a rudder that does not rise up when sailing.

thanks
Phillip

i dont not know of a reason why you would want to glew the tiller in. if you still have the rudder downhaul system thing so the rudder doesnt beavertail. use something like spectra and with a perchase system tie the rudder in. or you could drill a hole and place a pin in. im geusing you are wanting to make sure the tiller cant slip out of the rudder head. these things will work well

instead of glue, use a bunch of purchase in the rudder tie down line.

I have a 3:1 running along side the rudder head, and then another 3:1 where I tie off my rudder downhaul. That thing doesn't budge, but I can still pack up my gear bag easily

it's worth noting that the british rudder head (silver) isn't quite as big as the brazilian rudder head (gun metal color/grey).

If you have a brazilian rudder head, and a tiller optimzed for a british rudder head, then it can be loose in there.

this fun fact brought to you by......

Back