Calling all Williamsburg, VA area sailors!!!

Laser and other sailors around Williamsburg need to mobilize to get James City County to include sailing in its planning for parks.

There is a new park right on the James River where the Jamestown Campground used to be. It is the best public access to the James River near Williamsburg that sailors will ever get. The county could easily make provision for a sailing facility on the James. It could be a great location for a sailing club and some excellent racing.

I've pasted in below a notice of a public meeting I got. I will go and speak on behalf of a sailing facility. Is anyone else out there interested? More voices is better!!

Here is the notice:

Parks and Recreation patrons. We need your participation and support! Shaping Our Shores is the theme for the master planning project of three sites located along James City County waterways - the former Jamestown Beach Campground, Jamestown Yacht Basin and Chickahominy Riverfront Park. Share your thoughts on how these three sites should be developed over the next 20 years. Attend the Shaping Our Shores citizen and community group public input session on Wednesday, April 16, from 6:15-9pm. The meeting will be held at the James City County Government Complex, 101 Mounts Bay Road in the Building F Board Room, Williamsburg. You can also submit your comments and ideas online at www.jccegov.com/sos or by telephone or email to Stephanie Ahrendt/Project Manager at [email protected] or (757) 253-6649.

Fishing Bay Laser sailor support you .
You should contact John Deutsch our distric 11 secretary we live in Richmond to inform him of your plan.

Alain Vincey​

Back