Buzzards Bay

phantomdarkness

I don't know if people have every heard of the buzzards bay regatta, but i sailed in it this year, over the past weekend. It was very well done, 7 races in total. Good wind the last 2 days, with REALLY nice wind last day. Here is somthing VERY scary. The person who won the standard division sails where i sail. He always wins, of course, but that still just scares me :)

if you care to check out the results, you can see them at www.buzzardsbayregatta.com

Yeah, I was at JSA champs 2 days ago with some kids who went up to buzzards. The kid who won buzzards (can't remember his name) didn't come to champs, but everyone said that if he showed up that he would just be handed the trophy, he wouldn't have to race, thats how good he is.

I definately agree "The worst place to sail on the planet" we must have the worst most shifty conditions on the face of the planet. At least there have been some windy days this year. Larchmont race week, first day of champs, a few saturdays. But wait, the other day of champs, the other 2 days of LYC race week, and basically every other regatta i've gone to have been no wind or rained out.

O well,

What club do you race from?

Back