Boat recognition?

Poseidon

Hello guys, I am a newbie here and to the sailing world also. I was looking a bargain dinghy in order to restore it and then play a little with it. I came across this listing in Greece, http://www.car.gr/classifieds/watersports/photos/4788453/
Please have a look and tell me if you can tell what type of boat is this because I can't figure it out. The price is for only the hull without mast, boom and sails. The hull is in poor condition though because it has many soft spots, delamination maybe, cracks , dents and a hole. I think that , if I will finally take it I will have to separate the hull from the deck in order to repair it properly.

1. That hull should be for free
  2. You will have a hard time doing all the work
  3. Getting parts will be hard and expensive
  4. Why not get a boat you can actually sail within a reasonable time period?

RUN!!!!

If the boat has all of the issues you mention and is nothing but a broken hull then, as mentioned above, you will spend all of your time trying to revive a bad boat that will never be what it once was. I suggest you find a mast, boom, all of the rigging, sails, all of the hardware, etc. before you think further on this hull. Figure out what the total cost will will be; I mean "the really, no kidding, cost" and take that amount of money to see what you can find that you can start sailing today. You may be surprises... Sometime one man's trash is another's treasure but in this case it may be that one man's trash is just that - trash.

If you plan to revive this hull be prepared to spend countless hours of labor and a lot of money and end up with only a hull that needs a boat load of money to get rigged to sail.

Good luck!

Boat and wavedancer, thank you very much for your opinion. I think that I will follow your advice there, at first it seemed like a good bargain to get it and little by little to rebuild it and rig it. But the costs , the effort, time spent etc , I am afraid, will not match the possible result.....

Back