Boat Cleaning?

sailordude

hey what do you guys use to clean the deck of your laser's? you know when you go out and then everything gets muddy and you dont get to clean it so the deck gets stained a little. i have a new boat so im trying to keep it like new! thanks for any suggestions.

hand brush with hard bristles and dish soap.

ive got a new laser n all (182618) so i wanna keep it clean like, just make sure u get all the soap off,

Fantastik with Oxypower gets rid of "tea stains" that scrubbing with soap won't take off. It's cheap. Spray on and wipe off with a paper towel, then rinse with water.

I find a pressure washer works really well for all the dirt and muddy stuff. With a soap injector pressure washer you can try 3M boat soap and that might work on the stains.

I second the FSR. I work for a yacht dealership and we use FSR to clean scum lines and it works litterally like magic. Just brush some on with a foam/chip brush and let it sit a minute but not so long that it dries. Then take a clean rag and really use some elbow greese and it will remove anything.

For general cleaning, however, I use a household soap called Soft Scrub and that removes most everything and leaves a good finish.

I used a soft-bristled brush (make sure it's soft enough that it won't scratch your boat - I've seen this happen) and regular dish soap. If it's a bad stain from a few days of work on the boat "spray n' wash" or anything similar usually works. If it's a really bad stain, believe it or not, nail polish remover is actually something to try. It works great with all the duct-tape that the kids are fascinated with here ;)

i used traffic film remover used to clean trucks etc when i first got my boat the deck looked cream now its back to white then i used wash/wax car wash dirt doesnt stick so easily i also try to wash my dinghy boots prior to climbing in cause if not grit scratches the cockpit floor

Back