Black Diamond Tiller Angle

usa318

Hi all,
I recently purchased a brand new acme black diamond tiller. When fully inserting the tiller into the rudder head the angle over the deck is too low. The forward part of the tiller does not clear the traveler cleat enough.

What is the solution here? I don't want to try any modification without asking the experts as this thing was over $200!

Thanks in advance!

Is tiller actually all the way in to the rudder head? It was many years ago when I bought mine, but I had to sand it down to get it to fit. I figured it was intentional so you could have a tight fit.

most laser tillers catch the traveler cleat its quite normal a new rudderhead helps quite a lot but it may still catch even then my current tiller just misses it by about the thickness of a piece of paper and its a tight fit holes line up so it's in the correct position and its only 12 months old I have thaught about putting a flat cleat on before like a c258/9 rather than the mk1 junior and attatching a HA4035 to the end for the toestrap shockcord but i dont know where i would stand with the class rules for this.

Back