Best Video?

sandbar

I've raced for one year with Tillman's book, so I figure I should move on to a good video. What is the best one?

Also consider the Rick White video with Brad Funk as the coach. It includes lots of drills on basic skills, like parking on the starting line and heeling to windward.

But stay tuned for one by coach Rulo of Cabarete. I was down there in January and saw some clips from it. We saw a slow motion, stop action example of a roll tack which showed just what to do and what to look for. It was supposed to be out in a few weeks.

That would be cool. Boat whisperer is great for what it covers, but mechanics of roll tacks in relatively light air is not one of the things they spend much time on.

Rooster's are aka the Boat Whisperer DVDs. I found them pretty good on all the topics they covered.

Ben Ainsle's book comes with a disc with some short clips on them, two of them on roll tacking (one in light air, one in Med/Hvy air). The camera angles are ok, but you miss out on his footwork halfway thru the tack

Back