Best hiking strap?

L-P Gauhtier

What do you guys use? I have the factory hiking strap... using booties I don't really see the use of getting a padded one... is there any other advantage to a good hiking strap?

I got a new one for my boat, I think it is the standard of what the new boats today have. It's a black strap with blue padding on the underneath, a lot better than what was one my boat before; just a piece of strap similar to a car's seatbelt. The padding is really good for those summer months where you want to go for a leisurely cruise with no booties, or when you are wearing a short length wetsuit and you're hiking on your shins.

I just use the padded 3'' Seitech stap that comes standard with any Laser "pro" today. I find it really compfy!

I bought a fogh marine padded hiking strap at the beginning of last year. It is getting torn to shreads because of my new booties. My coach has recomended that i get oine of the seitech ones

get a nice padded strap (rooster seem to have a nice one)

and loose the booties, get your toes under the strap not your foot

i have one of the standard issue ones, and its fine in terms of padding when i'm hiking however: downwind, i tuck one shin under the hiking strap, and when tacking, i put the back foot over first. because of this (i think) i have gotten really bad sores on the back of my legs, right above where my boots end. bad to the point of bloody.
has anyone else had this problem? i'm thinking of just taping them over, so it wont rub anymore..

kendall

nup i wear ankle boots! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeely comfortable and allow loads of movement! + they still dont hurt when walkin on shingle

Back