Are you using replica sails?

Do you use a replica sail?

• Not at all!

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Yes, for training in heavy conditions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, for all my training.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Yes and it is the only one I have.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Markus

Caused by recent problems with my new replica sail (Creases Crisis
icon7.gif
)I am wondering if I am the only one using a replica. If you own one, what was the manufacturer?

replica sails are pretty much impossible to get in australia. so i naturally dont have one

i wouldnt buy one anyway unless it was less than half the price of a new original one

I work for a vanguard dealer so I can get sails cheap:D . No need to go for the replicas. I don't think I would use one anyway. I like to practice with what I am going to race with.

i sail with an propper laser sail, its the onky sail i have, i know people who think they do better cwith the replicas,

Hey, I work for a Vanguard dealer too but I certainly wouldn't call them cheap! Nonetheless, it still beats retail price.

macwas16 said:
Hey, I work for a Vanguard dealer too but I certainly wouldn't call them cheap! Nonetheless, it still beats retail price.

Nothing like getting all of your laser parts at cost!:)

You are right, the still are not cheap though.

I am sailing the lasder just for fun and I always got used legal sails. Now I wanted improve and bought a new one. I voted in favour of a replica because of the costs. A roostersailing replica comes for 294 and a folded legal sail 545 Euros. Quite an easy decission ...

Back