Anyone know where next years atlantic coasts will be held (and when)??

From the minutes of the August 11, 2009 ExecComm meeting posted on Laser.org

- 2010 schedule. Ted Cramer working on a venue for the ACCs in Long Island for 2010.

He (Ted Cremer) has hosted past events for the class at Sayville YC.

This would be a great time to schedule the 2011 Atlantic Coasts as well. The location of 2012 should be well klnown by now and 2013 should be in negotiations with a planned announcement by Christmas.

Even if we can't schedule three years ahead, at the very least shouldn't our class be as well organized as the amateur run J-22 Class? Every year at every major J-22 event the hosts for the folowing year put on a presentation and sales pitch.

it is SOOOO easy to be the first ones to ask for a weekend!!!

Let's make it a point to have the 2011 regatta hosts at every 2010 event!!!

I will go first. the host of the 2011 Easter Laser Regatta will be at our 2010 trophy presentation to pitch the 2011 event.

Our 2010 NOR has been on line since April.

I started this post to try and find out where the 2010 ACC's are as I'm starting to plan my schedule for next year. I don't see why we need to know now where the 2011 or 2012 ACC's are now, a years from now will be fine. Its interesting to know where major events like the worlds (and nationals) will be in the future but I think its a waste of peoples limited time to expect them to "over plan" smaller events.

Back